If your employee falls off a barstool in a pub while on an international work trip, is it covered under International Worker’s Compensation?

Believe it or not, yes, it is.

Most employers are shocked to find out that while their employee is on an international trip, they are technically “working” 24/7. From the time they board the plane to head out all the way until when they land back in their home country, they are “working”. This means any incident that occurred during that time, even an employee getting injured from falling off a barstool in a pub, is technically work-related and covered under International Worker’s Comp coverage.

Crazy things can happen while overseas on a business trip. The standard domestic business insurance will not provide the needed protection. Be sure to reach out to an agent who has experience with both domestic and international insurance.